Welcome to Gaming Nexus Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast HD Remake

Lucas Arts Star Wars Disney Jedi Knight Mass Effect HD Remake

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic
JDBArtist
  • Administrators
  • 504 posts
  • Administrator
  • LocationEurope
  • Last active: Today, 07:59 PM

Some of you might have noticed that Disney shut down Lucas Arts a few weeks ago. Raven Studios released the official source code for Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy, so long story put short, I decided to work on a remake of Jedi Knight 2 as it was one of my most beloved video games back in my early games of gaming... B)

I don't have a name for this project yet (you are free to suggest one! ;)), but I will keep you updated as I go!

Here are the very first screenshots of Level One (Kejim Post), lightmapped and with all new terrain models & textures. Tell me what you think and if you want to help me, there is plenty of work to do (modeling, texturing, photo reference, artwork and even playing the original game to create side-by-side comparison screenshots.

Attached File  JK29.png   489.61KB   50 downloadsAttached File  JK213.png   494.82KB   29 downloadsAttached File  JK2_Kejim.png   571.45KB   30 downloadsAttached File  JK2_Kejim1.png   508.55KB   49 downloadsAttached File  JK2_Kejim3.png   579.11KB   16 downloads

Please not, I am doing this for practice to refine my modeling & texturing skills and to be clear: It's done when it's done.

Also I am not working all alone on this one, if you want to join me, write a pm to get in touch!

PS: If this is your first visit, you might need to register an account in order to view the screenshots.

JDB Artist - Game Dev & Producer
24426.png22768.png

JDBArtist
  • Administrators
  • 504 posts
  • Administrator
  • LocationEurope

Time for some high res screens! 

Terrain for Kejim Post (Level 1) is now finished and 50% of the old textures have been replaced with new (created from scratch!) ones, including diffuse, normal, specular and gloss maps, ready for being lightmapped.

I will soon need to test the stability, so if you got a powerful system, tell me!

JK2_Kejim8.png JK2_Kejim9.png JK2_Kejim10.png JK2_Kejim11.png JK2_Kejim12.png

24426.png22768.png

JDBArtist
  • Administrators
  • 504 posts
  • Administrator
  • LocationEurope

The remake is now on ModDB! 

As a preview and a gift for everyone, here's a free tech wall texture for you (including diffuse, normal & specular map) free for commercial usage!

Attached File  screen01.png   618.57KB   7 downloads

Attached File  wall_1.zip   951.2KB   2 downloads

24426.png22768.png

JDBArtist
  • Administrators
  • 504 posts
  • Administrator
  • LocationEurope

New 1 & 2K textures, recreated from scratch using Photoshop

Attached File  screen03.jpg   99.1KB   8 downloadsAttached File  screen05.jpg   124.53KB   8 downloadsAttached File  screen08.jpg   164.95KB   6 downloads

24426.png22768.png

Guest_Captain-Tuvok_*
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I finally got my tail back to www.gaming-nexus.net, anyway nice work JDB Artist! I think I'll start playing JKO Again thanks to you! Man, great work! Feel free to have me beta test anything you need bro!

Guest_Captain-Tuvok_*
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Visit my website at www.ufopclan.ucoz.de

bungalobob
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Pip
  • Last active: Dec 14 2013 05:01 PM

active jk2 player for the last 10 years, If I could help in anyway I would, but i lack the knowhow. Just wanted to say, I really appreciate what you guys are doing! Keep it up!

JDBArtist
  • Administrators
  • 504 posts
  • Administrator
  • LocationEurope

Thanks for joining bungalobob! 

We appreciate your support! New material will be posted soon (remember I am doing this in my spare time and as of lately I don't have that much spare time anymore!). 

24426.png22768.png

JDBArtist
  • Administrators
  • 504 posts
  • Administrator
  • LocationEurope

And there we go! A few more screenshots of Kejim, we will soon proceed to the inside!

Attached File  JK2_Kejim14.png   688.24KB   9 downloadsAttached File  JK2_Kejim16.png   653.74KB   7 downloadsAttached File  JK2_Kejim15.png   846.24KB   5 downloads

24426.png22768.png

Johnelys
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • PipPip
  • LocationAincrad!
  • Last active: Jul 16 2013 03:33 PM
JDBArtist  Nice project here too ^_^ Also if you need a powerful system to test something i can give a hand on that :) Btw... As i can see and read, you don't have very much free time... So why you don't focus 99% on one project, like SAO? :P :D
  • JDBArtist likes this

JDBArtist
  • Administrators
  • 504 posts
  • Administrator
  • LocationEurope

Johnelys, thank you for your kind words! And fear not, I am focusing a 100% on SAO. This mod project is currently paused.

• NapoleonCorp and Johnelys like this
24426.png22768.png

hepas14
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Pip
  • Last active: Jul 10 2013 08:19 AM

is this going too be a mod or just a whole new game that we can download on a site or something? or are u going to do that steam thingy haha?

Jitsu
  • Moderators
  • 446 posts
  • Mythic Contributer
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • Last active: Today, 05:33 PM

Actually dosen't look like a bad game ^.^

Feel free to Privately Message me for help, subject starting with " HelpCC "

Take note that all conversations are completely confidential and will not be shared.

---------------------------------------------------------

Drusk
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Pip
  • Last active: Apr 03 2014 10:24 PM

Ohhh Baby ohh Yeah

U made my Day, with that News and Project!  

I was an Hardcore Jedi "Pro" Gamer and i still say that Jedi Knight 2 outcast """ 1.02 version <-- thats important i hope u know that ;) "" is under the Best 3 Multiplayer Games ever made.  

I can make some Tests for ya, when u restart ur work on it and need someone. 

See forward to play that Remake, one fucking great day! 

btw. u was also a Jedi hardcore player?

greedings from the Star Wars Nerdi.

u ma man JDBArtist and yo --> There is no Pause, there is only the Force!  :D

• JDBArtist and NapoleonCorp like this

JDBArtist
  • Administrators
  • 504 posts
  • Administrator
  • LocationEurope

The Force is strong with this one. ;) 

• NapoleonCorp likes this
24426.png22768.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lucas Arts, Star Wars, Disney, Jedi Knight, Mass Effect, HD, Remake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users